Gina kills in Debrecen

Local News Police

A young man died and two of his mates are in hospital because of drug and alcohol poisoning.

According to the neighbours, there was a party in the Gyergyó street flat. The police was called at 4:51 AM that a 20-25-year old man died and another guy needed a CPR by the ambulance. Their third mate suffered a less serious poisoning but he was also taken to hospital.

According to the preliminary toxicology examination, the “offenders” were the party drug called GHB or Gina and alcohol together.

Some facts about GHB
(according to information provided by

GHB (Gamma hydroxybutyrate) usually comes as an odorless liquid, slightly salty to the taste, and sold in small bottles. It has also been found in powder and capsule form.
It is classified as a sedative-hypnotic, and was originally developed as a sleep-aid.

At lower doses GHB has a euphoric effect similar to alcohol, and can make the user feel relaxed, happy and sociable.
Higher doses can make the user feel dizzy and sleepy, and can sometimes cause vomiting, muscle spasms, and loss of consciousness.
Overdoses will always cause loss of consciousness (temporary coma), and will slow down breathing. Sometimes, and particularly if mixed with alcohol, GHB can slow breathing down to a dangerously low rate, which has caused a number of deaths.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *